No headers on shield

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
Discseven

No headers on shield

Post by Discseven » 15 Jul 2024 23:00

Hi Christian... looking at your YouTube vids, the shield you are working with has headers. Was just setting up to bench test and my shield has no headers. Pardon me as I have only a small degree of Arduino experience so until I get the system working... I may stumble around and need more assistance than others who know more about all this than I. What do I do with this? Karl

Christian_Bylund

Re: No headers on shield

Post by Christian_Bylund » 16 Jul 2024 20:17

Discseven wrote:
15 Jul 2024 23:00
Hi Christian... looking at your YouTube vids, the shield you are working with has headers. Was just setting up to bench test and my shield has no headers. Pardon me as I have only a small degree of Arduino experience so until I get the system working... I may stumble around and need more assistance than others who know more about all this than I. What do I do with this? Karl
Hi Karl,

The original Lambda Shield from 2017 had stackable headers if that is what you are referring to. The current Lambda Shield 2 from 2020 does not have stackable headers.

The reason why the stackable headers were removed, is because most pins are used so there is actually nothing you can stack on top. For example you cannot use two Lambda Shields. Lambda Shield 2 also use the ICSP header to make it compatible with Arduino Mega and Arduino Uno Wifi. The ICSP is actually not included in the stackable headers by Arduino.

If you want to attach more devices, for example a screen, I recommend using the Arduino Mega which gives plenty of free pins to use. It is still possible to do also with Arduino Uno but it requires you to solder wires directly to the pins.

Hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB