Enable Heater when engine start.

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
billlask

Enable Heater when engine start.

Post by billlask » 09 Jun 2024 13:08

Hello,

i want to ask if anyone know how can i read the temperature before satrt heating the sensor.
I want to detect from temperature that the engine is starting so after that start heating the sensor.
With this i think i can protect the sensors for failure

Thank you

Christian_Bylund

Re: Enable Heater when engine start.

Post by Christian_Bylund » 16 Jun 2024 20:55

billlask wrote:
09 Jun 2024 13:08
Hello,

i want to ask if anyone know how can i read the temperature before satrt heating the sensor.
I want to detect from temperature that the engine is starting so after that start heating the sensor.
With this i think i can protect the sensors for failure

Thank you
Hello, there is actually a pre-heating water condensation phase implemented already in our example code following the Bosch recommendation for LSU 4.9 sensors. To answer your question, the adcValue_UR variable is used to measure the temperature of the sensor.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

billlask

Re: Enable Heater when engine start.

Post by billlask » 17 Jun 2024 23:41

Thank you for answering.
i have see your pre-heating example code that works perfect.
My problem is that many time i will urn on the ignition and i will start the engine 5 minutes ago.
The time that i start the engine he LSU has full heat and this is my problem about sensor fail.

That i want to do is to understand from the heat that the engine is running and after that run your pre-heating algorith.

I have log the adcValue_UR and I increase the heat on the sensor but the value has no change.
I make the same test to add small buty abiut 20/255 on the heater but again no change on UR what i heat the sensor.

Any other idea?