Two lambda Shield 2 on Arduino mega

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
Leo

Two lambda Shield 2 on Arduino mega

Post by Leo » 18 Feb 2024 16:25

Hello,
I'm currently using a lanmbda2 Shield on an Arduino mega to tune my bikes. The disadvantage is that I constantly have to dismantle the lambda sensor to move it from one cylinder to another. I currently only have twin-cylinders but the latest is a four-cylinder.
I'd like to know if it's possible to mount at least two, or even four for the best lambdaschield2, on an Arduino mega and to link each of them to a screen.
Thank you very much for your answers, whether they are positive or negative, I learn a lot from tinkering with an Arduino.

Leo

Christian_Bylund

Re: Two lambda Shield 2 on Arduino mega

Post by Christian_Bylund » 18 Feb 2024 20:07

Leo wrote:
18 Feb 2024 16:25
Hello,
I'm currently using a lanmbda2 Shield on an Arduino mega to tune my bikes. The disadvantage is that I constantly have to dismantle the lambda sensor to move it from one cylinder to another. I currently only have twin-cylinders but the latest is a four-cylinder.
I'd like to know if it's possible to mount at least two, or even four for the best lambdaschield2, on an Arduino mega and to link each of them to a screen.
Thank you very much for your answers, whether they are positive or negative, I learn a lot from tinkering with an Arduino.

Leo
Hello Leo,

Unfortunately, it was not possible to stack two of the original, stackable Lambda Shields due to the amount of pins needed. It may be possible to stack them on other shields but very limited. To stack two shields together you need to design both of them for that specific purpose. Stackable shields does not work in practice which is why we removed the possibility with Lambda Shield 2.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

Leo

Re: Two lambda Shield 2 on Arduino mega

Post by Leo » 18 Feb 2024 20:59

Thank you for your prompt reply,
I am a total novice and not very familiar with using the inputs and outputs of the arduino mega.
My idea was to wire the two lambdashields using wires and not overlapping them. This would allow me to use all the inputs and outputs of the mega. Looking at the diagrams on the site, there are several unused pins. Is there a reason for this or is my idea completely out of date? In this case I had planned to use two Arduino but this solution is less interesting in terms of technical challenge and especially financial 😅.

In any case, thank you for the equipment you create, which allows us to experiment in the back of my garage 👍