Lambdashield 2

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
maxburn

Lambdashield 2

Post by maxburn » 03 Aug 2023 12:49

Hello,

is there a detailed circuit diagram of the Lambda shield 2? I would like to connect to the Arduino uno a Can-Controller for the transmission of data via spi and would have to know here, for example, whether certain ports are used. In addition, the question would be whether the "sleep through" of the SPI port is a problem. I don't understand e.g. why the shield uses the ICSP ports and why the shield does not output the whole pins reusable on top. Are there any best practices or reasons why not to do certain things? I would now replace the connection pins with "Male/Femal" pins to be able to connect another one on the shield.

Christian_Bylund

Re: Lambdashield 2

Post by Christian_Bylund » 03 Aug 2023 13:02

Hello Maxburn,
maxburn wrote:
03 Aug 2023 12:49
Is there a detailed circuit diagram of the Lambda shield 2?
Schematics is available on the product website.
maxburn wrote:
03 Aug 2023 12:49
I don't understand e.g. why the shield uses the ICSP ports and why the shield does not output the whole pins reusable on top.
Some Arduino boards only have access to SPI pins through the ICSP port.

Hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

maxburn

Post by maxburn » 03 Aug 2023 14:06

Is there a reason why you removed the Pin-Bypass in the new Shield?

Christian_Bylund

Post by Christian_Bylund » 04 Aug 2023 11:22

maxburn wrote:
03 Aug 2023 14:06
Is there a reason why you removed the Pin-Bypass in the new Shield?
Even though you have the full pinout, most pins are in use which makes it unusable with any stacked shield. Instead Lambda Shield 2 can be used with Arduino Mega 2560 giving plenty of additional pins for expansion. You can still put a stackable shield between the Lambda Shield 2 and the Arduino. Just make sure to use a stackable ICSP header.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB