Arduino I/o pin useage

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
SimonGH

Arduino I/o pin useage

Post by SimonGH » 11 Apr 2023 17:22

Is there something in the documentation that tells me what I/o pins are used for the lambda shield? I am trying to leverage the same arduino to take the lambda information and engine temperature to drive a stepper motor driver for mixture control in a mechanical fuel injection system. As such I need to leverage an analog input and a digital output. What pins are “free” in that they are not used for the lambda shield?
Is there a logic diagram or schematic available?
Thanks!
Simon

Christian_Bylund

Re: Arduino I/o pin useage

Post by Christian_Bylund » 11 Apr 2023 17:35

SimonGH wrote:
11 Apr 2023 17:22
Is there something in the documentation that tells me what I/o pins are used for the lambda shield? I am trying to leverage the same arduino to take the lambda information and engine temperature to drive a stepper motor driver for mixture control in a mechanical fuel injection system. As such I need to leverage an analog input and a digital output. What pins are “free” in that they are not used for the lambda shield?
Is there a logic diagram or schematic available?
Thanks!
Simon
Hello Simon, yes you find this information on the product website.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

SimonGH

Post by SimonGH » 18 Apr 2023 15:43

Thanks for the fast response - I neglected to look in "research" for that info! :)

Another simple question - I just received my shield, and I noticed there are not sockets at the top of the board to connect the interface wires to the display you demonstrate in your YouTube video. Is the code & display compatible with the lambda shield 2 version I have? Is it as simple as just soldering them to the appropriate pins on the top of the shield?

Thanks!
Simon

Christian_Bylund

Post by Christian_Bylund » 18 Apr 2023 20:47

SimonGH wrote:
18 Apr 2023 15:43
Another simple question - I just received my shield, and I noticed there are not sockets at the top of the board to connect the interface wires to the display you demonstrate in your YouTube video. Is the code & display compatible with the lambda shield 2 version I have? Is it as simple as just soldering them to the appropriate pins on the top of the shield?
The video I think you are referring to is for the original Lambda Shield. The problem is that the Uno and Mega are not pin compatible. For Lambda Shield 2 we therefore removed the stackable header and allowed expansion using the Arduino Mega. If you still want to connect a display using Arduino Uno, yes you can solder the cables directly to the shield. I guess you can also put a stackable prototype shield in-between.

Hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB