Bylund LAMBDA Shield VER 1.

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
DaveK

Bylund LAMBDA Shield VER 1.

Post by DaveK » 22 Nov 2022 22:05

Hi Christian,
how are you,
I need to know a couple of things to jolt the old memory.
I still own a very early Version 1 Lambda Shield.
I have a new Laptop and i used the UNO i used to have my LAMBDA Shield on for another project.
So i no longer have the original ino. files for the Board or the file for the display.
I noticed that Ver 1 is no longer available.
So when i look at the Main Shield ino. download for the board and the ino. download for the display GUI i am unsure if they are applicable to my old board.
I am using an Arduino UNO and the SH1106 1.3" display.
I have tried to load the current Master shield ino which has the SD logger added and i have also tried the Lambda Shield GUI ino.
I add #include <U8g2lib.h> directly below #include <SPI.h> (I notice the SPI is orange in colour, but when i select the <U8g2lib.h> it is black.
Both sketches download to the board fine and i get no errors at all.
I connect the sensor up and plug 12 volts into the UNO as i have the shield jumper joined.
The sensor heats up and all seems happy, but i have no display at all.
I quickly loaded the default ADAFRUIT TEST file into the UNO to test the display and it works fine.
Can you let me know if both of the current GitHub ZIP files are compatible with my Series one LAMBDA SHIELD system?
Or when i am selecting the display am i selecting it incorrectly, i can't remember.
I go up to SKETCH, THEN INCLUDE LIBRARY, and scroll down to the U8g2 selection and click on it.
When i do this it puts my selection at the top of the sketch but i move it down below the following.
//Define included headers.
#include <SPI.h>
#include <U8g2lib.h>
Thanks for your time.
Kind Regards
Dave.

Christian_Bylund

Re: Bylund LAMBDA Shield VER 1.

Post by Christian_Bylund » 28 Nov 2022 00:13

DaveK wrote:
22 Nov 2022 22:05
The sensor heats up and all seems happy, but i have no display at all.
Hi Dave, I hope you are well! Let's see if we can solve your problem.

First, all of the correct files for your shield is available on the Lambda Shield product webpage.
DaveK wrote:
22 Nov 2022 22:05
I quickly loaded the default ADAFRUIT TEST file into the UNO to test the display and it works fine.
It seems everything is connected correctly but perhaps you are using the wrong Arduino sketch?

Please make sure you are using the one called Lambda Shield GUI code.

Hope it helps.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

DaveK

Re: Bylund LAMBDA Shield VER 1.

Post by DaveK » 29 Nov 2022 20:54

Hi Christian,
thank you very much for your reply.
I shall recheck and run the sketch.
Thanks again for your help.
Kind Regards