Problem with ...2-Smartphone-Example

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
Ries

Problem with ...2-Smartphone-Example

Post by Ries » 16 Oct 2020 16:00

I have a genuine Uno wifi rev2 with a Lambda-shield-2. No problems with two of your examples ...-2-Gui-Example and ...-2-Example (with SD), they're running fine. But ...the third, ..-2-Smartphone-Example doesn't function. The heating doesn't start.
What can be the problem?

Christian_Bylund

Re: Problem with ...2-Smartphone-Example

Post by Christian_Bylund » 17 Oct 2020 10:27

Ries wrote:
16 Oct 2020 16:00
I have a genuine Uno wifi rev2 with a Lambda-shield-2. No problems with two of your examples ...-2-Gui-Example and ...-2-Example (with SD), they're running fine. But ...the third, ..-2-Smartphone-Example doesn't function. The heating doesn't start.
What can be the problem?
Hello Ries,

What is the information you see on the app, is it possible for you to take a screenshot?
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

Ries

Post by Ries » 17 Oct 2020 11:57

I hope this is the way to implement a picture. If not, it only shows 'No Signal' nothing else.
The lamda sonde doesn't warm up and the green leds on the shield don't light.

Last edited by Christian_Bylund on 17 Oct 2020 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated image size.

Christian_Bylund

Post by Christian_Bylund » 17 Oct 2020 12:18

Ries wrote:
17 Oct 2020 11:57
I hope this is the way to implement a picture. If not, it only shows 'No Signal' nothing else.
The lamda sonde doesn't warm up and the green leds on the shield don't light.
Excellent, so it is not really a heating issue. Simply nothing seems to work. This is most likely because the firmware of your Arduino Uno WiFI (R2) is still using the stock firmware which is not compatible with the Arduino BLE libraries, it freezes. We have put this information in the troubleshooting section of this forum and on our social media channels, make sure to follow as we frequently update with information.
Click on the “Tools” menu and then open “WiFi101 / WiFiNINA / Firmware Updated” and follow the instructions. Make sure you click on Open Updater sketch and upload to the Arduino before pressing Update Firmware.

You can also find information about this on the Arduino website.

Do please let me know that this solves your problem and what you think about the app.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

Ries

Post by Ries » 17 Oct 2020 13:30

Your answer sent me in the right direction. It was a little more complicated than you wrote, but the Arduino page gave sufficient extra help and now everything is working properly.
I think that the way you're working, building and selling boards, publishing software for it, helping people to get things done and publishing the problems on this forum, is very educationable. I've already learned a lot. I especially thank you for the correct and fast answers.

Christian_Bylund

Post by Christian_Bylund » 17 Oct 2020 21:43

Ries wrote:
17 Oct 2020 13:30
Your answer sent me in the right direction. It was a little more complicated than you wrote, but the Arduino page gave sufficient extra help and now everything is working properly.
I think that the way you're working, building and selling boards, publishing software for it, helping people to get things done and publishing the problems on this forum, is very educationable. I've already learned a lot. I especially thank you for the correct and fast answers.
Glad you got it working and thank you for the positive feedback. Automotive sensors are not always accessible to the public, we have learned this the hard way which is why we offer these products in an educational form. Hopefully there will be many more to come.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB