Wideband Lambda Probe simulation

Support forum for the Lambda Shield designed to connect Bosch LSU 4.9 wideband oxygen sensors to Arduino projects.
Omarsultan

Wideband Lambda Probe simulation

Post by Omarsultan » 23 Jan 2020 18:02

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to simulate the lambda probe. Since i will be using a real probe with the lambda shield, i would really prefer if there was a way to cross check and verify that the lambda board is reading and reporting to the Microcontroller correctly without any gas or anything dangerous involved ?

Thanks in advance
BR
OS

Christian_Bylund

Re: Wideband Lambda Probe simulation

Post by Christian_Bylund » 25 Jan 2020 13:49

Omarsultan wrote:
23 Jan 2020 18:02
I was wondering if there was a way to simulate the lambda probe. Since i will be using a real probe with the lambda shield, i would really prefer if there was a way to cross check and verify that the lambda board is reading and reporting to the Microcontroller correctly without any gas or anything dangerous involved?
Hi Omarsultan,

Free air calibration can be done in air without any gas, just take in consideration that humidity, temperature, pressure affects the reading. The Lambda Shield for Arduino is typically showing between 20-21% in free air with a healthy sensor.
Best Regards,
Christian Bylund
Bylund Automotive AB

RasheedDEC

Re: Wideband Lambda Probe simulation

Post by RasheedDEC » 15 Aug 2020 11:25

i have a hardware design to simulate the signal out of the LSU 4.9 for any AFR value, and working on an idea to simultaneously simulating the cell temperature.
i am new to the Lambda shield group, is a hardware / software project could be interesting to the group?
the design literally emulate the physical function of the LSU probe by feeding UN to the shield and receiving the IP to truly simulate any required AFR